Language Access Complaint Process
The State Controller's Office is fully committed to ensuring that all persons accessing its services are provided these services in an appropriate and timely manner. The Dymally-Alatorre Bilingual Services Act requires the State Controller’s Office to provide effective communication to all persons utilizing public services. If you feel we were unable to serve you because of a language barrier (limited-English proficiency) or other communication differences, the State Controller’s Office may be able to provide additional communication assistance that will assist you with the information or services you have requested.
Please take the following steps to report your complaint:
- Contact our EEO/Disability Office at (916) 324-2223 or (916) 323-3055 Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The EEO/Disability Office is available to receive your calls during these hours. Customers can also leave a recorded phone message after 5:00 p.m.
- Also, you can fill out the Language Access Complaint Form and mail it to the State Controller’s EEO/Disability Office at 300 Capitol Mall, Suite 275, Sacramento, CA 95814 along with any supporting documents.
Steps we will take to resolve your complaint once we receive it in our office:
The State Controller’s EEO/Disability Office (SCO) is in charge of receiving, investigating and resolving all language access complaints.
- The State Controller’s EEO/Disability Office will enter the complaint into their language access complaint excel tracking system.
- The State Controller’s EEO/Disability Office will notify California Department of Human Resources (CalHR) that they have received a complaint, and will keep them posted on how it is being resolved.
- The State Controller’s EEO/Disability Office will try to resolve the complaint within 5 days of receiving the complaint.
The State Controller’s EEO / Disability Office
300 Capitol Mall, Suite 275
Sacramento, CA 95814
Fax: (916) 445-6689